GO PURPLE and Join Supporters Across Nevada to Raise Awareness for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Nevada, October 2021 - October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and Marsy’s Law for Nevada is urging Nevadans to GO PURPLE in support of domestic violence victims and survivors, everywhere. In 2020, according to statistics compiled by the Nevada Department of Public Safety, law enforcement statewide investigated 27,874 cases of domestic violence, in which 12,208 children were present at the scene, and 4,086 of the survivors needed medical attention. (Nevada Crime Statistics (nv.gov)) Below is a list of some of the events planned by organizations across Nevada.
October Events to Bring Awareness About DOMESTIC VIOLENCE:
- All Month – Marsy’s Law for Nevada will be SHARING posts to highlight events statewide www.MarsysLawforNV.com
- September 30 – Las Vegas Hope and Hospitality, Las Vegas/6:00-8:30pm, at HUDL Brewing, 1327 S. Main St., Suite 100, benefitting Project Real NV and Safe House.
- September 30 – VIRTUAL/Compassion Through Crisis fundraiser, Crisis Support Services of Nevada, Crisis Support Services of Nevada.
- October 1–31 - Paint the Town Purple, Carson City–Purple Bows, contact Advocates to End Domestic Violence.
- October 1-31 - DV Community Training Sessions with RENO PD, Crisis Support Services of NV, Domestic Violence Resource Center and Safe Embrace.
- October 1 - NCEDSV Award Ceremony, Virtual Event, 12:00-1:00 pm NCEDSV.org
- October 2 - The Shade Tree – Event TBA – TheShadeTree.org
- October 6 – Domestic Violence Memorial Vigil, Henderson, Proctor Judicial Park at 243 S. Water Street, 6:00 pm, SAFEHouseNV.org
- October 7 – Intervention and Resource Center Grand Opening, Carson City, AEDV.org
- October 9 – Pershing Co. Soup & Salad Supper, Pershing Co. Domestic Violence Intervention Center information at PershingDVI.com
- October 16 – Run for Hope 5k/1mi Fun Run, Bunker Family Park, 7351 W. Alexander Rd, Las Vegas, 7:00 am, SafeNest.org
- October 16 – Light After Dark Walk-Run, Carson City, AEDV.org for details
- Oct. 18-24 – National WEEK OF ACTION against Domestic Violence
- October 21 – DVRC Fundraiser Dinner & Speaker on Perseverance, 5:30 pm at Reno Little Theater, DomesticViolenceResourceCenter.org
- October 21 - National WEAR PURPLE DAY
- October 22 - Winnemucca Annual Mayor’s Ball fundraiser, tickets at WinnemuccaDVS.org
For more information about these or other organization events please contact them directly.